Thursday, May 21, 2009

OK "all" of my fans have been after me to post something on my blog. When I started this blog, I had hoped to post something often, at least once or twice a week. Well that sure went out the window fast. Sorry but this blog thing is more difficult to keep up with than I thought. I will try to do better in the future. I had been feelig sluggish for some time now so I went to the Dr. and my pulse was down to 48. No wonder I was tired all of the time. I have changed a couple of meds and am contemplating another therapy issue. The good news in my pulse is up to 60 and I am feeling like I finally have some energy. Sandy has tomorrow and Monday off for Memorial Day and I took vacation tomorrow also so we could get a bunch of stuff done around the house. We are going to have a house full of company week of 4th of July. Michael, Stacey, Issac and Cara are coming the weekend before and Sandy's brother and sister in law are bringing her folks out sometime later in the week. Lots of stuff to get ready.

On Tuesday night we attended the graduation of our niece and nephew, Kaleb and Kaitlin from Heights High School. They both won many high honors and we are so proud of them. See Linda's Sunflower blog for all of the details.

On my next post I will list books that I have read in recent years and a short blurb on what i thought about them.

I will be voted on for Elder at Haverhill Christian Church in Augusta on June 7 at Church meeting. I am humbled that the pastor and current elders felt I was ready to serve in that capacity. I am really enjoying the people in the Sunday School Class I teach. We have some really good discussions.

Nick and I have tickets to a KC Royals game against St Louis Cardinals on Friday June 19th. Nick really likes the ROyals and my favorite team is St Louis. They have been my favorites since I was a child because my Uncle and his family live there and my Dad and I would listen to them on the radio together when we were fishing or whatever. I like the Royals too, but St Louis is my team.

This year has gone really fast, I can't believe it's already Memorial Day!?

I will see if I can remember how to attach pictures for the next post. Good Night!

2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Wow - you actually wrote something, ha!

The baseball game sounds like some nice father/son bonding. Have fun!

Linda said...

FINALLY!!!!! A POST!!!!!

Glad you hear you and Nick are going to a Royals game. We are going next Sunday. Kaitlin and I are taking the boys and Brady to KC on Saturday for their annual "Rockfest" concert (all day Saturday). Kaitlin and I will shop while they are at the concert, and then I got us tickets to the Royals/White Sox game on Sunday afternoon.